Gangotri Temple The original Gangotri Temple was built by the Nepalese general Amar Singh Thapa. Gangotri, the origin of the River Ganges and seat of the goddess Ganga, Gangotri Temple is one of the four sites in the Char Dham pilgrimage circuit.
The temple is closed from Diwali day every year and is reopened in May. During this time, the idol of the goddess is kept at Mukhba village, near Harsil. Ritual duties of the temple are supervised by the Semwal family of pujarisPlaces to visit near the Gangotri Temple
• Bhagirath Shila is believed to be the holy rock where King Bhagirath prayed to Lord Shiva.
• Pandava Gufa, located 1.5 km from Gangotri, is the place where the Pandavas are believed to have meditated and rested en route Kailash. Pilgrims will have to trek up to the Pandava Gufa.
In the pilgrimage journey of Char Dham, Gangotri is often visited after Yamunotri. Pilgrims generally make Uttarkashi as their base camp. The time taken from Uttarkashi to Gangotri temple is about 4 hours by road.
Yamunotri A blessed destination of Goddess Yamuna.
Temple is situated in the western region of Garhwal Himalayas in Uttarkashi district, Uttarakhand. The Yamunotri temple is a full day’s journey from Uttarakhand’s main towns — Rishikesh, Haridwar or Dehradun. The actual temple is only accessible by a 5 kilometres walk from Janki Chatti. Horses or Palki are available for rent. The hike from Hanuman Chatti to Yamunotri takes in views of a number of waterfalls.
May to June and September to November are the best time to visit Yamunotri.
Summers can be cold and winters are generally icy cold.
Day : 1 Hariwdar to Jankichatti
- Pick Up Point: Anywhere in Haridwar/Rishikesh
- Pick Up Time: 6:00am to 8:00am
- Distance: 247Kms
- Driving Time : 9-10 hour
- Altitude : 2650mts
Day 2 : Jankichatti to Yamunotri to Uttarkashi
- istance: 10kms trek(Jankichatti to Yamunotri) & 125Kms Drive(Jankichatti to Uttarkashi)
- Driving Time : 3-4 hour
- Altitude : Jankichatti (2650mts),Yamunotri (3293mts),Uttarkashi (1160mts)
Day : 3 Uttarkashi to Gangotri to Uttarkashi
- Distance: 200Kms Drive(Uttarkashi to Uttarkashi)
- Driving Time : 7-8 hour
- Altitude :Gangotri(3415mts), Uttarkashi (1160mts)
Day : 4 Uttarkashi to haridwar
- Distance: 200Kms Drive(Uttarkashi to haridwar)
- Driving Time : 7-8 hour
- Altitude : Uttarkashi (1160mts), Haridwar (314mts)
Change in YATRA is dependent on the availability of seats in the batch.
Rates are not valid for Festive peak season.
Hotels accommodation Subject to Availability at the time of booking. In case of unavailability in mentioned hotels, alternate accommodation will be arranged in a similar category hotel.
Early check in / late checks out is subject to availability of rooms
Cancellation charges would be as per the company policy.
All sightseeing mentioned are subject to weather and traffic conditions in the destination.
Any cancellation or delay in hotel check in due to third party services (like helicopter / pony / palaki ) , the booking will be charged. The next allocation is subject to the availabilities.
In case of transferring YATRA PACKGE to a friend, he/she should satisfy all the mandatory requirements put forward by our company.
Yogi Travels holds the right to change/cancel the policies, without prior notice.
Deposit of 50% of the package cost at the time of booking.
Balance payment of the package cost, 15 days prior to departure date.